Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Ha Long Bay tour

Posted by vinnyvu on 15/6/2016 at 22:52

HI ,
I am planning a trip to Ha Noi in September 2016. I am figuring out a tour to Ha Long Bay and don't know where to begin. I would like to go for a 2 day 1 night tour and also see if they offer a kayaking tour of the caves. Can anyone help me?
Thank You.

#1 vinnyvu has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by chantungsinz on 15/6/2016 at 23:53

How long do you spend in Vietnam?. From Hanoi, you can catch public bus to transfer to Halong about 4hrs. Furthermore, you should stay in Halong 2 nights to enjoy natural beauty in there.

#2 chantungsinz has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 9

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by vinnyvu on 16/6/2016 at 00:47

I am Planning on staying in VN for 10 days. I arrive on September 7, 2016. I am planning on buying a local tour to go to Ha Long Bay on a boat for 2 days and 1 night and depart Ha Noi to Ha Long Bay September 9, 2016.

#3 vinnyvu has been a member since 15/6/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by matran12a17 on 23/6/2016 at 04:44

There are quite a few choices for you. You can catch a coach, which starts from Luong Yen or My Dinh station, Hanoi to Bai Chay station, Halong. The trip last for 3-4 hours with the price of 100,000-200,000 VND. Another choice is train. It takes about 5 hours to move from Gia Lam station, Hanoi at 7 a.m. The price is about 15$.

#4 matran12a17 has been a member since 21/6/2016. Posts: 8

Posted by PM on 3/7/2016 at 07:33

We took a 3 day/2 nights organized tour to Halong Bay (leaving from Hanoi ) a couple of years ago and it was the absolute highlight of our trip! Originally we only planned on taking a 2 day tour, but were very happy we opted to take the additional day. We were picked-up from our Hanoi hotel early in the morning, and after a (rather long) drive arrived at the sea side to embark our "junk" vessel that would be our home for the next 3 days. We were quite lucky that the boat we had was just completely refurbished, it was really a very beautiful boat in classic style. The trip was very well organized and diversified: we visited some of the gaves in Halong Bay, went cycling on one of the islands, went swimming on a deserted stretch of beach, went kayaking, had a short cooking class on board of the junk, etc ... Staff was also very helpful (going to great lengths to please everyone of our group of 8/10 people) and food on board was excellent! It was probably the most expensive part of our trip, but we considered it money very well spent!

#5 PM has been a member since 3/7/2016. Posts: 3

Posted by daawgon on 12/7/2016 at 10:39

From my limited experience with the Dragon Pearl cruise in 2014, I recommend that tourists plan to spend several hundred USD for a clean and safe cruise. I was not completely satisfied with that cruise, but there are many others to consider. Shop around very carefully and choose a really good agent to book with. I have dealt with Vietnamtour Limited and their services are first class in every way.

#6 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159
 Send daawgon a private message   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.