Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Midrange Tour - Saigon Cafe Tours?

Posted by jappelman on 1/12/2007 at 13:23

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm going to be in Hanoi in a few days and would like to set up a midrange Halong Bay tour through Saigon Cafe Tours (listed on the "Ha Long Bay for Flashpackers" feature article), but can't find any reference to them in guidebooks, on the internet, etc.

Can anyone point me the right way?

Also, how far in advance is it necessary to set up a tour?

For example, can I arrive in Hanoi Tuesday night, stop by the tour company Wednesday morning, and sign up for a tour that leaves Thursday?

#1 jappelman has been a member since 2/10/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/12/2007 at 13:51 admin

Hi jappelman,

I don't have their contact details handy, but yes, you shouldn't have any problems showing up and booking a tour for departure the next day.

I'll see if I can dig out their details and will post back.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Marilyn on 1/12/2007 at 18:36

Posted from within Vietnam.

We did 2 days cruise with Santa Maria – Columbus Travel (boat owner) in the end of this August, absolutely love it. Comfortable bus to the harbor – more space to stretch you legs. Beautiful junk, great service & plenty of delicious seafood.

Aboard cabins are decked out in luxurious wooden fixtures with private ensuite bathroom, and great sight looking out at the bay from the comfortable beds.

Our guide spoke great English who explained Vietnamese culture, traditions interacted with local fisherman on our behalf.

Highly recommend !

www.columbuscruise.com

#3 Marilyn has been a member since 1/12/2007. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.