Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam extends visa exemptions for tourists from Western Europe

Posted by Captain_Bob on 1/7/2016 at 00:29

"On June 30 (2016) the Vietnamese government issued a decree extending visa exemptions for tourists from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and Italy, reported the Vietnam News Agency. The Vietnamese government has decided to extend it until June 30, 2017. The exemption duration remains unchanged at 15 days."
http://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietnam-extends-visa-exemptions-for-tourists-from-western-europe-3429068.html

#1 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by Bridgequeen on 19/9/2016 at 06:20

Hi

I had heard about this exemption. Assuming nothing changes before I go in February, does anyone know if, as a UK passport holder, that means I need to do nothing before turning up in Vietnam ? I arrive from KL on Air Asia in to Ho Chi Minh.

Secondly, I am looking to fly on immediately from HCM to Da Nang with Vietnam Airlines. I know this could be risky but my experience with Air Asia has been excellent in the past. I know I will have to pick up baggage and clear immigration before checking in at the domestic terminal. How long should I allow for the visa queue??

Any advice gratefully received.

#2 Bridgequeen has been a member since 29/7/2013. Location: Earth. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.