Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam questions

Posted by ajhurley on 6/7/2016 at 04:34

Hello all,

I'm going to Vietnam for almost 3 weeks from the end of July...

Whilst I will probably take most of it as it comes, I was thinking of a rough itinery like

Hanoi 3-4 days (I enjoy cities)
Hué 1-2 days
Hoi an 3-4 days
Somewhere to relax 4-5 days
Saigon 2-3 days
Mekong Delta 2-3 days

Any thoughts on the above?

Could anyone recommend a nice places/places to spend 4-5 days? Essentially, the aim is to relax, read books, unwind, eat nice food. Probably thinking a nice beach area, ideally with *some* tourist facilities and a possiblity to meet people in the evenings...

With regard to accommodation, I will book Hanoi in advance and was thinking (I'm 35) I'd prefer to rent private rooms in hostels/guest houses as the combination of private space when needed/wanted plus opportunity to meet people (I'll be travelling alone) - any recommendations for Hanoi?

Finally, what injections etc are needed? Given my schedule, do I need to be worried/take precautions regarding Malaria or other things?

Thanks,
Andrew

#1 ajhurley has been a member since 23/1/2008. Posts: 2

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by elenacopper365 on 6/7/2016 at 05:04

You can visit Danang 4-5 days to enjoy beaches and seafood in there. You can book hostel in Old Quarter to save money. Furthermore, you can visit around Old Quarter or book free tour to travel. You can rent motorbike to travel outside of Hanoi like Ba Vi and Tam Dao national park as well.

#2 elenacopper365 has been a member since 28/6/2016. Posts: 18

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Threar1932 on 7/7/2016 at 05:32

Somewhere to relax 4-5 days: You should go to Mui Ne, it's a great place with desert sand dunes and the beach as long.

#3 Threar1932 has been a member since 7/7/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/7/2016 at 17:30 admin

Hi Andrew,

That is a pretty typical north to south route and you'll have no trouble meeting up with others along the way -- no need to book accommodation in advance unless you're really set on a particular place. See our Hanoi listings for a range of spots to consider.

As far as the "somewhere to relax" section, Nha Trang is the obvious beach candidate but if you wanted something more laid back and less built up, Doc Let/Jungle Beach/Whale Island which is a little north of there is worth a look.

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,015
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by matran12a17 on 7/7/2016 at 22:11

Your plan sounds good. When coming to Hoi An , you should spend time in An Bang beach that won't make you disappointed. With 4-5 days, you can go to visit Da Nang because Da Nang is quite near Hoi An and there are quite a few places to visit such as Cu Lao Cham island, Lang Co beach, Ba Na hills, Son Tra peninsula and Marble Mountain.

#5 matran12a17 has been a member since 21/6/2016. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.