Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Auco cruises halong bay

Posted by rachel275 on 3/8/2016 at 06:09

We are looking at booking a 3 day 2 night Auco cruise online. I'm wondering if we are going to be paying a lot more to be booking online? Does anyone know what kind of price this cruise is if we turn up in Hanoi and book? It seems like a lot of money.. Thanks for any help.

#1 rachel275 has been a member since 8/6/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 4/8/2016 at 14:44

Au Co is top of the line for a Halong junk cruise, but you don't want something cheap in this category. A few years ago I took a Dragon Pearl cruise, and it was less than wonderful (I was not happy with the crew or the food). Why is it that people expect everything in Vietnam to be dirt cheap? The fact is that the cheap cruises are cheap for a reason - not terribly safe, not gourmet food, unprofessional crews, everything rushed, etc.

If I were doing it again, I think I'd probably pick the Bhaya cruise since it gets such good reviews. My friend in Hanoi runs a very reliable travel agency if you should want to look at his prices and selection - click here for Sense of Indochina (formerly Vietnamtour Limited, halong-cruise).

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.