Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam visas for citizens of the USA

Posted by daawgon on 28/8/2016 at 21:15

Several travelers to Vietnam have received notices similar to the following one. My VOA provider, Visa4vietnam.com sent me this one just yesterday, August 27, 2016.

"Effective August 29, 2016, US citizens may apply for a 1 year multiple entries visa for Vietnam. It does not matter how long you plan to stay in Vietnam. "All Visa applications of US citizens will be only issued for 1 year multiple entries Visa."
- The stamping fee you will pay at the airport is 135 USD.
* Please note:
- Apply for US citizens only.
- Purpose of Visit is Tourist - You will get Visa type: DL.
- For 1 visit, you can stay maximum for 3 months. After 3 months, you must exit and come back again with a new 3 months of staying, until the expiry date of your 1 year Visa.
- 1 month and 3 months Tourist visa for US citizens is not available any more."

*Note important: US citizens already have a visa approval letter 1 month/ 3 months single or multiple entries before the 29h August 2016, they will just pay 25 US$ or 50 US$ as the old stamping fee."

#1 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by daawgon on 30/8/2016 at 14:38

Today, the latest info says that short term visas are still available from the Vietnamese Embassy

(30 days, single entry: $80 per person)

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by daawgon on 2/9/2016 at 11:27

I believe I should have started this thread on https://www.travelfish.org/board/topic/visabordercrossings, but I have no way of moving it over, sorry!

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.