Several travelers to Vietnam have received notices similar to the following one. My VOA provider, Visa4vietnam.com sent me this one just yesterday, August 27, 2016.
"Effective August 29, 2016, US citizens may apply for a 1 year multiple entries visa for Vietnam. It does not matter how long you plan to stay in Vietnam. "All Visa applications of US citizens will be only issued for 1 year multiple entries Visa."
- The stamping fee you will pay at the airport is 135 USD.
* Please note:
- Apply for US citizens only.
- Purpose of Visit is Tourist - You will get Visa type: DL.
- For 1 visit, you can stay maximum for 3 months. After 3 months, you must exit and come back again with a new 3 months of staying, until the expiry date of your 1 year Visa.
- 1 month and 3 months Tourist visa for US citizens is not available any more."
*Note important: US citizens already have a visa approval letter 1 month/ 3 months single or multiple entries before the 29h August 2016, they will just pay 25 US$ or 50 US$ as the old stamping fee."
#1daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159