Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Land Travel from HMC to PP

Posted by poofie555 on 10/12/2007 at 06:50

I need to make my way from HMC to PP but don't want to spend 8 hours on a bus. I have heard of people hiring cars. Has anyone travelled this way? If so, can you recommend a car service.

Thanks

#1 poofie555 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/12/2007 at 11:59 admin

I've not done this run by taxi and I'm not sure if you're able to get one car all the way through or need to get two cars (one from Ho Chi Minh City to the border and a second from the border to Phnom Penh).

If it is possible I'd warrant a guess any travel agent in Saigon should be able to help you out.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by CatBa on 10/12/2007 at 21:47

Posted from within Vietnam.

Drivers crossing borders run into major hassles - unless they work for a bus line or trucking company.

SaiGon Transit on Nguyen Hue (HCMC) has a daily run both ways in new international style buses, USD$12.

You can get your Cambodian visa on-line or at their consulate avoiding 'surcharges' at the border. And don't let anyone handle your luggage at the border, either.

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by jimsparadise on 11/12/2007 at 20:16

That's a really short bus trip--not 8 hrs. Other option is Mekong river overnighter cruise. Taxis costs lots and end up as way more trouble than it's worth. Take the bus--easy trip--4 hrs plus border time +1 hr. $20 USD for Cambodian visa at border--they will try to rip you off (surcharge).

#4 jimsparadise has been a member since 25/11/2006. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.