Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

any ideas for 2 days between halong bay and hanoi?

Posted by benji123 on 17/10/2016 at 08:15

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi everyone,
i will be arriving Hiphong next week, and intend to do the halong bay cruise.
after finishing the tour i will have 2 more days to get to hanoi for my flight back home.

any suggestions for something intersting to do on the way (possibaly with 1 night sleep)?

please note i have luggege and going around by bus, or getting to hotel at night is not an option.

thank you very much,
Benji

#1 benji123 has been a member since 14/9/2016. Posts: 6

Posted by jamurphy3 on 17/10/2016 at 22:08

My family was in Viet Nam last September and the favorite place for all of us was Sapa . We were in Hanoi , did a one night cruise on Halong Bay and then took the night train from Hanoi to Sapa the same day we were dropped off from the cruise. When we returned from the cruise, we went and got a massage, had a nice dinner and then went to the train station. The trains leave around 8 or 9 pm and arrive near Sapa around 6 am the next morning.

We did a hike with Sapa Sisters which was really amazing. Sapa is so different from any other part of Viet Nam. It is mountainous and beautiful and also has some Chinese influence since it is right near the border. We only stayed in Sapa for one night and returned by bus but we wished we had had a few extra days there. I think it is definitely worth the travel to and from as it is unique.

We liked Sapa much more than Halong Bay.

#2 jamurphy3 has been a member since 23/6/2015. Posts: 2

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by benji123 on 17/10/2016 at 22:36

Posted from within Vietnam.

I agree with everything you said as i already been to SAPA:)...
any other suggestions?

#3 benji123 has been a member since 14/9/2016. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.