Train to Hue: 5 nts
EITHER train to Hanoi
OR train to Dong Hoi for Phong Nha , stay overnight
then train to Ninh Binh, stay overnight
or both!
then train on to Hanoi: 10 nts, with 2 side trips
Ha Long Bay 1 or 2 nts
Sapa: 2 or 3 nts.
Wondering whether we should add in either Phong Nha or Ninh Binh, or not? Not sure if that's going to be too many stops, for not much scenic advantage?
Time frame is Feb/March
All suggestions and comments gratefully received!
Thanks, Danila

#1 Danila has been a member since 17/10/2016. Location: Global Village. Posts: 28
 Send Danila a private message   Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/10/2016 at 19:44 admin

If you're going for the caving, I'd drop Ninh Binh and give Phong Nha longer - you can read Cindy's caving experience here. I think quite a bit of the accommodation there has a minimum stay or 2/3 nights - so I'd check that before planning just an overnight visit.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,959
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by Danila on 31/10/2016 at 20:09

Thanks Somtam! wow, Cindy's caving experience sounds amazing! Possibly a little more hard-core than us oldies are up for at this stage of our lives. But incredible, what an experience!

#3 Danila has been a member since 17/10/2016. Location: Global Village. Posts: 28
 Send Danila a private message   Website 

Posted by braylor on 5/11/2016 at 19:57

I agree with admin. If you want to explore the caves, come to Phong Nha. About Ninh Binh, this small town offers you a beautiful sightseeing. There're also other places to see around here (Tam Coc, Trang An, Cuc Phuong forest...). To reach these destinations, you can take a boat trip or go by bicycle. You' ll take the paths that lead you through the villages, the rice paddies and lakes.

#4 braylor has been a member since 26/9/2016. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.