Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Motor bike Transfer Hoi An to Hue

Posted by Bridgequeen on 15/11/2016 at 04:59

Hi

I want to travel between Hoi An and Hue by motorbike (pillion) and wondered if anyone can recommend a good company. Le Family Riders are highly recommended but as they are based in Hue they will not take my suitcase by car but will strap it on the bike if I engage their services and I am concerned this will be a bit uncomfortable (never mind health and safety). I have to go Hoi An to Hue because of pre booked flights. Also, any advice for suitable attire for the journey for end of February?

Thanks

#1 Bridgequeen has been a member since 29/7/2013. Location: Earth. Posts: 55

Posted by beautifulmoonhoian on 23/11/2016 at 08:42

Hi there,
You can find many company in Hoi an do that, Do not worry about that. When you stay in hotel just tell receptionist, they are will arrange for you. Good luck.

#2 beautifulmoonhoian has been a member since 23/11/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by antoniamitchell on 27/11/2016 at 18:33

Hi Bridgequeen.

At that time of year I think the weather can be quite variable - I was there in February a few years ago and some days were warm and sunny, and others were cool and windy.

For the bike trip, please ensure you wear clothes that give you a little protection - long sleeves, long trousers or jeans, closed shoes, and insist on a well-fitting helmet.

How big is your suitcase? I've seen massive loads transported on bikes (the local view seems to be that no object is too big) but that doesn't mean it's safe or comfortable to do so (as you rightly pointed out). So I would recommend you think seriously about how big your bag is and whether you'll feel comfy and safe doing it. And if the answer is "not entirely" change your plan.

Good luck and have a great trip.

#3 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 566

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.