Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Camera Repair in Vietnam

Posted by SteffenM on 1/12/2016 at 06:04

Hi there,

I'm traveling with my Nikon D90 atm and it got a bit wet yesterday in the rain. Can't have been much as it was under my raincoat but there were tiny drops of water on the body/lens that must have gone into the device. It was in no way proper 'rained on' though. Anyway, it's damaged now but hopefully can be saved.

Question is:

I'm in Hoi An where there's no chance of repair. Does anyone know of a decent (no rip offs) repair place in Da Nang (1h away) or alternatively Dalat which was supposed to be my next stop?

If not,

Can anyone recommend a place in HCMC? Might just have to go there. If I have to buy a new camera I should also get a better deal there. Any recommendations on repair places or camera stores in HCMC would be so much appreciated!

Real nightmare situation atm so I'm quite desperate. Thanks a million!

#1 SteffenM has been a member since 1/12/2016. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 3/12/2016 at 20:57

http://www.nikon-asia.com/en_Asia/service/service_centers#search

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by SteffenM on 3/12/2016 at 21:31

Hi,

Thanks for your reply to my post!

I was actually able to get the camera fixed at An Duc Digital in Da Nang. I stayed at Meraki Hotel where the staff was very friendly and gave me a lift to the store + helped explaining in Vietnamese what had happened.

Total was just $10 (after hotel staff got it down from $15 - without me asking for it!) and included a good clean of two of my lenses as well. Very happy.

Thanks for your help anyway!

#3 SteffenM has been a member since 1/12/2016. Posts: 2

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.