Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

10 day trip: So far only Da Nang on the itinerary, need help with other places

Posted by pdesh1309 on 12/12/2016 at 01:52

Hello
I have 10 days in Vietnam , and i will be arriving in HCM City. I have booked a flight to Da Nang immediately after a few hours of arrival, and will be in Da Nang for 4 days covering a day trip to Hoi An, Bach Ma , Marble Mountains and will be staying at My Khe beach.

My problem is i have 6 additional days, so I was thinking of flying to Phu Quoc for 3 days and then return to HCM city for last 2 days and cover local sights.

Can someone suggest a better alternative to Phu Quoc considering I will be flying from Da Nang and I finally have to make my way to HCM City for my return flight?

I would appreciate any suggestions, questions or inputs.

#1 pdesh1309 has been a member since 12/12/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/12/2016 at 03:41 admin

Hi,

When in the year is the trip? If you can let me know will make some suggestions off the back of that.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,065

Posted by daawgon on 12/12/2016 at 18:56

Dalat is very nice, and I believe can be reached from both Danang and HCMC airports. I would do 5 days in Danang/Hoi An and 2 in Dalat. Too bad you don't have more time (Hanoi is the crown jewel of the North).

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159

Posted by SoManyMiles on 15/12/2016 at 08:14 TF writer

Like somtam2000 asks, when are you going? Time of year/weather should come into consideration.

With so little time, Phu Quoc may not be the best option as there is currently no direct flight between Da Nang and Phu Quoc. If you don't mind taking two flights then you can connect through Saigon. In that case, consider Con Dao, also a flight from Saigon and far less touristy.

An alternate beach destination with direct flight from Da Nang: Nha Trang (Cam Ranh Int' airport), though very much a different feeling than Phu Quoc.

#4 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 147

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.