Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Con Dao

Posted by RachelMue1972 on 16/1/2017 at 01:26

Hello,
Can you recommend Con Dao or is it like Phu Quoc, where there are a lot of Building sites for Hotels ?
We are Backpackers and would like to stay somewhere next to the beach. Does anybody know a nice place to stay ?
Thank you!
Rachel

#1 RachelMue1972 has been a member since 16/1/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by SoManyMiles on 16/1/2017 at 07:16 TF writer

Hi RachelMue1972,

Con Dao is relatively remote and comparing Con Dao with Phu Quoc is like comparing night and day. Phu Quoc is undergoing a boom and new hotels are popping up everywhere. But there are plenty of beachfront accommodation for backpackers. It's extremely developed.

There are very few beachfront properties in Con Dao, but there are sensational beaches that you get to by motorbike or hiking. It's a special place, and you may have the beach all to yourself. Con Dao was fully updated on Travelfish in 2016 so read the description to see if it suits your taste:
https://www.travelfish.org/location/vietnam/saigon_and_surrounds/ba_ria_vung_tau/con_dao_islands

When you go may also affect your decision. In terms of weather, their seasons are opposite.

If you tell me more about what kind of beach, your budget and what you are looking for (hostel, bungalow, hotel, guesthouse etc) I can point out a few good ones.

#2 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 130

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by shahfieldd on 2/2/2017 at 21:07

Landscape of both of them is good. As I see, the number of tourists in Con Dao is smaller than Phu Quoc. But in Phu Quoc, there are more hotels and resorts for you to choose with different price. In Con Dao, you can stay at Con Dao Camping or Con Dao Resort to see the beach scenery in the night. If you need a luxurious one, Six Senses Hideaway is a 5-star resort here.

#3 shahfieldd has been a member since 30/9/2016. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.