Text page

Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Advice on itinerary and getting to Cambodia

Posted by Deema on 6/2/2017 at 05:00

Hi

The following is a rough draft of our itinerary for Vietnam.

11th – Arrive Hanoi

12th – Hanoi

13th –Halong Bay

14th – Halong Bay

15th – Halong Bay

16th – Hoi An

17th – Hoi An

18th – Hoi An

19th – Beach

20th - Beach

21st– Beach

22nd– Ho Chi Minh

23rd – Ho Chi Minh

24th – Mekong Delta

25th – Mekong Delta

26th - Mekong Delta

27th – Phu Quoc

28th – Phu Quoc

29th – Phu Quoc

30th– Phu Quoc

1st July – Phu Quoc

2nd July – Fly Home from HCM city

Since we are travelling a long way, we are thinking of adding on an extra couple of days to see some of Cambodia - (Siem Reap and Phnom phenh)and my question is where in the trip we should fit this in. Would it be easier to enter into Cambodia via the Mekong Delta and then fly to Phu Quoc. Or should we head to Cambodia from Phu Quoc and fly home via Phnom Penh instead of HCM which would mean we wouldn't have to make our way back to HCM after Phu Quoc. On the other hand it would be nice to end our trip after a relaxing beach stay in Phu Quoc instead of Cambodia. Our main concern though is saving on travel time / hassle and so your comments and advice would be much appreciated.

Also, any comments on our itinerary would be much appreciated. We are fitting quite a lot in but hoping its not going to be too tough on us - I know that Vietnam is very hot that time of year!.

Many thanks

#1 Deema has been a member since 6/2/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by SoManyMiles on 8/2/2017 at 12:17 TF writer

Hi Deema,

As you mention, you are trying to fit quite a lot.
- How are you planning on getting from point to point within Vietnam? To you have the budget to fly?
- When are you going?
- You have listed 3 days of beach after Hoi An ...do you mean the beaches near Hoi An?

Based on this itinerary alone, if you fly from point to point (with the exception of Hanoi to Hoi An...an overnight train from Hanoi to Danang is ok), then it is doable. If you wish to add, say, 3 days in Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat, then I suggest you drop a destination rather than shorten the days you have at each one. Perhaps you can remove the 3 days you allotted for beach after Hoi An since you already have plans for Phu Quoc?

Keep in mind that visa on arrival is available for Cambodia but if you choose to enter, leave and reenter Vietnam, you will probably need a multiple entry visa.

With some clarification on those questions, I can help you refine your trip. Cheers

#2 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 147

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.