Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Visa for UK citizens

Posted by Rosalie23 on 22/3/2017 at 09:37

My friend and I are backpacking around south east Asia this summer. We start in Bangkok and then we're going to head north to Chiang Mai and into Laos to then cross into Vietnam. We will also be returning to Vietnam after having visited Cambodia. What kind of Visa do we need? Online it says its free for UK nationals but is this for multiple entries? If we do need to buy one would you suggest buying one before we leave or once we get to Bangkok or Laos?

Thanks

#1 Rosalie23 has been a member since 22/3/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by maxlewis on 22/3/2017 at 21:12

Posted from within Vietnam.

Vietnamese visas are tricky and not always easy to organise. If possible, get in contact with the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate and see what they recommend. It's not worth losing time on your trip when you could have had it organised.

#2 maxlewis has been a member since 20/3/2017. Posts: 5

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by daawgon on 24/3/2017 at 05:08

Posted from within Vietnam.

You need to give more info because you would be exempt for the first 15 days. I suggest posting on Tripadvisor because they handle this every day.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,151
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.