Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

3 day Mekong Delta tour from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh

Posted by rocketgirl on 27/12/2007 at 09:17

Posted from within Vietnam.

Has anyone done this tour? Is it any good, also does anyone have any idea of a good company to go through. I've seen this advertised with Sinh Cafe and was thinking of doing it as an interesting way to get to Cambodia, but wondering if I'd be better off just doing a 2 day Mekong Delta tour, then normal bus/boat to Phnom Penh.

#1 rocketgirl has been a member since 1/10/2007. Posts: 22

Posted by marianwarren on 27/12/2007 at 13:30

We did the 3 day tour through Delta, incidently arriving in PP today last year. I have a photo on my desktop of a small boy paddling us around the floating village near Chau Doc. We thoughly enjoyed spending 3 days on the Mekong. Our tour was $43 ea(I think) but this gave us the most time on the river, on some of the cheaper tours, you spend a lot of time on buses - so get the tour operators to specify which sections are which.

The hotel in Chau Doc was the Chinese type with walls that don't reach the ceiling - so fairly noisy. The boat on the Cambodian side was high walled so you didn't get much of a view - but that was solved by sitting on the bow of the boat (as long as you don't block the skippers view of the river he'll let you).

I think this was one of the highlights of our trip. Hope this helps.

Travel well

#2 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.