Text page


Vietnam forum

Vietnam - Teaching English on a Tourist Visa

Posted by hsoa on 7/6/2017 at 16:41

My information is out of date, but I know that it used to be easy for visitors on Tourist visas to get temporary work as English teachers in Vietnam, especially in HCM and Hanoi. Is this still the case?

Are there lots of opportunities to work for 1-2 months? Is there a big risk of trouble with authorities?

For working short term, would it be better to initially apply for a Business visa rather than a Tourist visa?
Any help appreciated! Thanks.

#1 hsoa has been a member since 12/6/2010. Posts: 23

Posted by Helendang on 17/10/2017 at 05:16

Hi dear,

It is still true that many people are using tourist visa to teach English in Vietnam. Normally, people will come with a tourist visa to seek for job, once they are employed, the company will arrange a business visa for them. They leave Vietnam and come back with a business visa. While working in Vietnam, they will get a work permit, afterward, it is resident card which let employees to work in Vietnam within 2 years time.

#2 Helendang has been a member since 15/4/2016. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 7

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.