Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi-Halong-Sapa or Hanoi-Mai Chau-Halong for 4 days off in July

Posted by MacGrandexc on 21/6/2017 at 20:50

Hi guys,
I will be free 4 days when visting Hanoi for business. Wantto find somewhere near Hanoi for relaxing in these days off. I've searchedthrough Internet and found out that Hanoi-Halong-Sapa and Hanoi-Mai Chau-Halongitinerary are often choosen. Which one is better for relaxing in 4 days? I canskip Hanoi because I am going to take time to visit there before having daysoff. I travel with group of 3 people, intend to come in the ending of July.Open for all suggesstions. Thanks a lot.

#1 MacGrandexc has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by NathanRd on 30/6/2017 at 21:29

I took a visit to Hanoi for business and had few days-off like you last year. The weather wasn't good in Sapa when I took that trip so picked up Mai Chau and Ha Long insteading of Sapa-Halong. Mai Chau is not far much from Hanoi and this site is perfect for relaxing. Halong is often highly recommended in Vietnam so I won't talk much about this site. I came to Halong in a sunny day and the views were really amazing. Take a check if it sounds interesting to you.

#2 NathanRd has been a member since 30/6/2017. Posts: 2

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by MacGrandexc on 2/7/2017 at 22:31

NathanRd, thanks for your suggestions. Did you take a combo tour or have separate trip for each place? Which site is suitable to choose to travel first? Could you show me how to transfer conveniently between those sites?

#3 MacGrandexc has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by NathanRd on 3/7/2017 at 04:28

I traveled with my friend in this trip. He had taken a combo tour in Halong Bay Tours before I arrived in Hanoi so I have no idea to suggest for you how to transfer conveniently if you do it yourself but I think shuttle bus is good choice. Personally, I like to visit Mai Chau and then Halong bay, just because I love to have sunbath before coming back to home :)

#4 NathanRd has been a member since 30/6/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by kajal02 on 20/7/2017 at 00:41

Hi,
I traveled to Vietnam during the springs of March 2017 with my sisters. We covered two places Hanoi and Halong in 4 days. I suggest you to go for Hanoi-Halong-Sapa. I don't know much about Sapa. Don't miss out on Hanoi and Halong. Walking down to the Huu Tiep Lake in Hanoi was the best part of our trip. Just let me know if you want more information.

#5 kajal02 has been a member since 6/7/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by MacGrandexc on 13/9/2017 at 04:08

Thanks so much. I had a nice trip thanks to your suggestions.

#6 MacGrandexc has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.