Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vinh Moc tunnels from Hue

Posted by Trish177 on 29/6/2017 at 07:09

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

Has anyone visited the DMZ and Vinh Moc tunnels from Hue recently? I can only find old posts and wanted to get some advice on whether to go with a full on tour (but have heard these can be long hours on a bus with not so much time to visit each site), or whether to just hire a private car or bike and just do the tunnels?

Any recommendations for tours appreciated.

#1 Trish177 has been a member since 28/4/2017. Posts: 9

Posted by mikal83 on 2/7/2017 at 07:27

AS they are a right bugger to get to, I think most folks do the Cu Chi tunnels near HCMC

#2 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 139
 Send mikal83 a private message   Where has mikal83 been? 

Posted by SoManyMiles on 16/7/2017 at 09:26 TF writer

Hi Trish177,
Sorry, this reply may be too late for you but may help others in the future.
You can find up to date information on Vinh Moc here: https://www.travelfish.org/sight_profile/vietnam/central_vietnam/quang_tri/dong_ha/590
https://www.travelfish.org/sight_profile/vietnam/central_vietnam/quang_tri/dong_ha/3221

Options are to do a tour, to do it yourself or the middle option, a tourist shuttle between Hue and Phong Nha that includes a stop at the tunnels.

#3 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 116

Posted by Jagman on 18/7/2017 at 13:57

Was there ( Vinh Moc ) last year for the second time (travelling with a different gang) Both times I just took a tour bus from Hue. Yes, Its a long day but did get good information from the guide. Also went as far as Khe Sanh. Was a very long day, but only $20. If you have a group of 3 or 4 its very easy to hire a private car or van in Hue. I've been to the Cu Chi tunnels near HCMC and IMO think the Vinh Moc tunnels are better. Good guides, tunnels opens up to the beach and you can actually go in the tunnels for 15 minutes with guide whereas in Cu Chi, we couldn't (or were not offered) to go underground except for a 50 metre section. Was adequate time to visit each attraction we stopped at....well maybe a little rushed at Khe Sanh...

#4 Jagman has been a member since 20/1/2017. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.