Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Booking sleeper trains online vs they travel agent?

Posted by Sweeman on 29/7/2017 at 04:19

Hi all,
Planning a visit with family in August and looking to book Violette/Livtrans sleeper from Hanoi to Hue. Any experience with booking online via 12goasia or Balao or using a local travel agent? Want to book in advance from home to ensure reservation.
Any price or guarantee difference? Any issues?
Thanks in advance,
Scott

#1 Sweeman has been a member since 17/6/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by Sweeman on 9/8/2017 at 13:29

with no feedback from the forum, I found a link elsewhere to a local travel agency based in the same building in Hanoi with the Vietnamese railway company, so I used them to book the Violette train. voucher by email to take the station. will see how it works out when we board the train, but here are details of the agency that I found very responsive and helpful.

Mai Hoa/Ms (Alice/Mrs.)
English Team Leader
Vietnam Impressive
38c, 209 Alley, Doi Can str, Ba Dinh dist, Hanoi
Tel: +84 24 3 9747 543 (Ext: 310)
Fax: +84 24 3 9747 544
Cell: +84 (0) 989 314 296
Email: info@vietnamimpressive.com
hoa@vietnamimpressive.com
Web: www.vietnamimpressive.com

#2 Sweeman has been a member since 17/6/2017. Posts: 3

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by FoundVagabond on 12/8/2017 at 09:31

Posted from within Vietnam.

We booked a sleep train through 123goasia with no issues at all. The only real problem was the state of the sleeper cabin itself as it looked as if somebody had already been sleeping there - hair on the sheets and pillows, garbage, totally filthy. So we cleaned it up as best as we could, shook and flipped the sheets, etc. More details at blog.lifeisgrand.org but overall we thought that the value for the train just wasn't there - at least for the first class sleeper...but it does give us a travel story so perhaps that is part of what you are paying for!

#3 FoundVagabond has been a member since 25/8/2014. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.