Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

3 week trip in Northern Vietnam

Posted by MacGrandexc on 13/9/2017 at 04:31

Hi everyone.
My friend and I are planning a 3 week trip in the Northern Vietnam. We're interested in treks and of course scenic vistas. Where do you suggest? We're also open for any place worth to take a trek, even though it isn't in Northern Vietnam (Just skip Halong and Mai Chau because we took time to visit these places in last trip.)
I''ll move on to Sapa: Ideas regarding stops?
Thanks for any and all input.

#1 MacGrandexc has been a member since 21/6/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by Megaworldasia365 on 13/9/2017 at 09:23

As far as I'm aware, the best time to visit Sapa is right now due to the yellow coloring of the rice terraces. The harvest is soon and the rice will be gone. Another excellent place to visit in Northern Vietnam is the little visited Cau Bang Province. This spot is a bit off the beaten track and very few foreign tourists go there, which is a shame really because one of the biggest waterfalls in the South East Asian region is in Cau Bang Province. The waterfall I'm talking about is the highly Impressive Ban Gioc Falls, which is the worlds 4th largest cross border waterfall. It sits smack on the border of Vietnam and China and at this time of year (September - October) it is at peak flow. Getting there isn't so easy as there's limited public transport. You will need to take an overnight bus from Hanoi main bus station to Cau Bang Township (approx 280 km trip). After that it's another 90 km from Cau Bang to Ban Gioc Falls.

For in depth info on the above mentioned attractions, check my travel blog: megaworldasia dot com - South East Asia off the Beaten Track.

Safe travels,

Mega.

#2 Megaworldasia365 has been a member since 26/8/2017. Posts: 20

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by teresamhudson on 20/9/2017 at 02:36

For trekking in the North of Vietnam, you should visit Ninh Binh and Sapa where you can enjoy the interesting activity.

#3 teresamhudson has been a member since 27/3/2017. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.