Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Worry about the weather in Danang in November

Posted by Shelliemeadors on 29/9/2017 at 03:23

Hi everyone! I wanna spend two weeks in Danang to enjoy a beach holiday in November this year but worry about the weather. Any suggestions about a beach trip or a trek in November? I already spent time exploring some beaches in the North: Halong, Cat Ba and Do Son. Thanks.

#1 Shelliemeadors has been a member since 9/5/2017. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 3/10/2017 at 08:34 admin

Sorry late reply, but yes, I wouldn't be expecting great weather in Da Nang at that time of year. I'd be leaning towards further south, Phu Quoc Island for example—weather should be better there that time of year.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,875
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by shahfieldd on 4/10/2017 at 22:30

As I know, the weather in Danang in particular and the Central Vietnam in general is often not really good in November. There would be heavy rain and even storms at this time. It is possible that the trip to Danang seems not to be smooth due to the weather. You can check out Phu Quoc or Con Dao. For both of them, you can be taken by plane. For Phu Quoc, there are many flights from Hanoi and HCMC. Besides, there is only one flight per day provided by Vietnam Airline from Can Tho to Phu Quoc. For Con Dao, you can flight from HCMC or Can Tho. If you start your trip in Hanoi, you can take a tour (Vietnam Tour Booking) or have to transfer from Hanoi to HCMC or Can Tho. Have a good holiday!

#3 shahfieldd has been a member since 30/9/2016. Posts: 20

Posted by SoManyMiles on 6/10/2017 at 04:29 TF writer

Am chirping in: yes, for beach in November I would suggest to avoid Danang. Con Dao can also be a bit unpredictable with the winds/temperatures at this time, though there are some sheltered beaches. I would suggest Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Mui Ne.

#4 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 119

Posted by Maryhass on 3/11/2017 at 20:59

Thanks a lot for helpful suggestions! I've already finished our plan and will start the trip at the next weekend.

#5 Maryhass has been a member since 9/4/2017. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.