Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Mekong River Cruise from Phnom Penh to Saigon

Posted by ambersaffron on 18/11/2017 at 21:12

I'd like to take a river cruise from Phnom Penh to Saigon. All of the tours I've seen online are really expensive. I was hoping to pay around $100 per person. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

#1 ambersaffron has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 15
 Send ambersaffron a private message 

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/11/2017 at 19:32 admin

The more affordable way is speedboat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc (a Vietnamese town over the border) and then from there ground transport to Saigon. I don't know of any budget options going all the way through sorry.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,909
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by MotHaiBa on 23/11/2017 at 17:17

Somtam2000 is correct. The only affordable option is to take the fast boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc. The Hang Chau service is very reliable and will get you there for $25. I hope this link works.
http://hangchautourist.vn/?p=34&lang=en
Make sure you've got your visa sorted for the crossing into Vietnam.
After that you can bus it to Saigon - FUTA bus is a good service which your hotel can arrange. You might also consider shorter hops through the delta towns back to Saigon. I heard there was a boat service between Can Tho to Ben Tre which might be worth following up as well.

#3 MotHaiBa has been a member since 3/5/2011. Posts: 61
 Send MotHaiBa a private message 

Posted by ambersaffron on 24/11/2017 at 11:37

Thanks for the information! Very helpful!

#4 ambersaffron has been a member since 14/6/2011. Posts: 15
 Send ambersaffron a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.