Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Independant transport from Mui Ne/Phan Thiet to Ke Ga lighthouse

Posted by Kametkamet on 18/12/2017 at 10:14

Hi Travelfish community!

I need your help as I couldn't find answers to my questions over the Internet. I would really like to travel from Mui Ne or Phan Thiet to the Ke Ga Lighthouse independantly along the coast, stopping when I want to. BUT, i can't drive a motorcycle by myself.

My question is, is it possible to do it by riding a bicycle, and if so, how long would it take? OR, is it possible to hire a motorbike with a driver for a day at a reasonable price (a Xe Om maybe?)?

I would love to hear from your personal experiences, if someone did something similar in the past!

#1 Kametkamet has been a member since 18/12/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by SoManyMiles on 1/1/2018 at 16:03 TF writer

Hi Kametkamet,

Have you seen this article detailing Ke Ga?

It's 30 km from Phan Thiet, so by bicycle you'd have to be comfortable doing 60km roundtrip in the heat. The route is along the coast, which can be breezy. It should be possible to hire a xe om to take you. Sorry, I couldn't really tell you around how much they would want.

Hope this helps.

#2 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 126

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.