Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Ask about North Vietnam Itinerary - Quality of Cruise to Halong and Catba

Posted by thaorosellazulab on 5/4/2018 at 03:21

In coming August, my family has a vacation in Vietnam. Now I cannot give the fixed time but maybe we'll spend about 2-3 weeks for the journey in Vietnam. Specific number of days depends on my husband's work. We're very excited about cruises through islands. Following are our itinerary for 2 weeks.

+ 4 days: Hanoi
+ 3 days: Halong cruise (Any ferries or high-quality cruises take us to Lan Ha Bay, Cat Ba??)
+ 1 day: Back Hanoi and take a train/bus to Sapa (Train or bus? Which one is more convenient?)
+ 3 days: Ninh Binh (Any suggestions on outstanding sites?)
+ 2 days: Moc Chau - Mai Chau
If our trip last for 3 weeks, I'll spend time in HCMC and Mekong Delta.
Thanks for any comments!

#1 thaorosellazulab has been a member since 19/7/2017. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/4/2018 at 20:10 admin

Hi,

The bus to Sapa is growing in popularity, but I think the train is more comfortable and you'll probably get a better night of sleep.

Where you say Ninh Binh, do you mean Sapa? I'm assuming you do as if you are really only planning one day in Sapa I would not recommend that.

August will be very wet in the Mekong Delta and Ho Chi Minh City as is the middle of the wet season, perhaps reconsider and aim for Hoi An and Da Nang or Hue?

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,931
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by daawgon on 13/4/2018 at 23:44

I think you need to do a little more research, seriously. There's a real problem in Sapa with all the construction going on there. Sapa is no longer the simple, friendly mountain town it once was.

Halong Bay is very touristy these days - I personally liked Ninh Binh far more (also much cheaper than a cruise).

good luck

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,151
 Send daawgon a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.