Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Recommendations for Tet in Vietnam

Posted by joelmathson on 10/12/2018 at 23:25

Hello there, we (my girlfriend and I) are currently planning a 6-month backpacking trip in southeast asia. As we have planned it so far, we will end up in Vietnam during Tet. I have read through the travelfish section on Tet in Vietnam, but i would like further recommendations from fellow travelers (or non advertising Vietnamese locals). One option is to go somewhere else during this time (go from Cambodia to Lao instead and go to Vietnam after Tet). But we have also considered staying as we have understood it can be quite a uniqe experience. However, I believe we need to decide soon so we can pre-book places to stay before the prices get really high, so I'm looking for recommendations. I would love input/recommendations on;

Doing it versus avoiding it? Where to go during Tet? How far ahead to book your hotel/hostel (i was thinking one week before and after, possibly in two different places quite close to eachother). And just other general recommendations and advice from fellow travelers.

Before I realized we had to take Tet into consideration our very loose plan was just to go from Ho Chi Min to Hanoi in about a month (starting around 17th -20th of January, coming from Camboida) and stop on different places along the way.

Thankful for all kinds of advice. With regards.

Joel and Elly

#1 joelmathson has been a member since 23/10/2018. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.