Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam in February / March

Posted by sassy on 31/1/2019 at 21:05

Hi all
First time posting here. I am soon heading to Vietnam, (February / March for 6 weeks) I thought of starting from the North and making my way down and leave Phu Quoc and some beach time for the end, but apparently the weather is cold up north at this time. (February). Any suggestions ? Thanks.

#1 sassy has been a member since 23/1/2019. Posts: 1

Posted by SoManyMiles on 4/2/2019 at 04:33 TF writer

Hi Sassy,
Yes, in the north it will be colder in February and should start to warm up/improve weather wise in March, which is considered spring time. If warmer temperatures are really important to you, then start south and work your way north. If you have your heart set on Phu Quoc beach time at the end of the trip, Hanoi-Phu Quoc flights are reasonably priced.

#2 SoManyMiles has been a member since 7/2/2014. Posts: 145

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by evergreen_e on 13/2/2019 at 15:59

Hello, Sassy.

I would suggest that apart from the busy big cities, visit a laid-back one such as Hoi An. If you're into taking things slow even for a spell it'd be a good setting.

As for the weather, you can check out this article: "Hoi An Weather: The Best Time To Visit Hoi An." It has temperature estimates and such.

#3 evergreen_e has been a member since 29/5/2015. Posts: 6

Posted by nwlodge on 19/2/2019 at 09:11

Agreed Hoi An a great choice
Was there for 3 weeks in Feb. alternating between Hoi An and An Bang beach.
Perfect weather. Lovely Temps. and relatively low humidity.
March will be hotter but not uncomfortably so
Enjoy

#4 nwlodge has been a member since 16/9/2018. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.