Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Ha Giang to Cao Bang and/or Lam Son

Posted by gatoguts on 1/7/2019 at 22:35

I will be going to Ha Giang, and thinking of going afterwards to Cao Bang and/or Lam Son. Has anyone taken a bus from Ha Giang to Cao Bang or Lam Son? I know public transportation is virtually nonexistent from Dong Van to Cao Bang, but I assume there's a bus from Ha Giang city to Cao Bang and from Cao Bang to Lam Son. What are the bus travel times for these destinations? Also, for anyone who's been to these places, did you find them worth the effort to get there? (Ha Giang included)

#1 gatoguts has been a member since 23/7/2012. Posts: 26

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by larsay on 6/7/2019 at 06:42

There are buses from Ha Giang to Cao Bang, with change of bus in Bao Lam. Count 9-10-hours ride and about 22$

I suppose you mean LANG Son. If so, do not bother, better go to superb Babe Lake : buses Cao Bang-CHO RA + 17 km moto-taxi CR-PAC NGOI (about 5 hours), where you have all the homestays (the best is DUY THO), then beautiful one-day boat on lake and Nang River (grotto + waterfalls), then direct minibus Pac Ngoi-Hanoi (about 6 hours)

#2 larsay has been a member since 20/7/2014. Posts: 54

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.