Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hué to Savannakhet 'International' Bus?

Posted by shanghai306 on 24/3/2008 at 23:23

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi there,

I'm looking for some information about the direct bus that supposedly goes between Hue and Savannakhet. I found information on this in the 2005 edition of Vietnam LP, but found to my dismay that no such thing is mentioned in the 2007 edition.

Has the route been scrapped? Does this mean I need to do the trip on a variety of buses instead?

Any info would be much appreciated as I arrive in Hué in a couple of days and it'd be nice to know what my options are before I pop into the nearest travel agency.

And obviously my plan is to end up Vientiane after Savannakhet, so any up-to-date info on that stretch of the journey would also be much much much appreciated!

#1 shanghai306 has been a member since 24/1/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by CatBa on 25/3/2008 at 00:00

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are VN and Laotian buses crossing the border.

Check with Kim Travel at 11 Nguyen Tri Phuong - their office actually opens on to Ben Nghe Street - at the intersection.

They can also look after your visa needs, too.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.