Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Cheap Flights from Bangkok to Hanoi?

Posted by anmi212 on 26/3/2008 at 21:27

Hi everyone--

A friend and I are planning on going from Bangkok to Hanoi next month and I was wondering if anyone knows the average price for flights? We've been looking them up online and the lowest price we've found has been about $300USD. Was wondering if it's cheaper just to wait until we get to Bangkok to book? Or if anyone knows of any discount air carriers that fly from Bangkok to Hanoi that we could book online ahead of time?

Thanks for the help

#1 anmi212 has been a member since 16/10/2007. Posts: 11

Posted by natwest on 26/3/2008 at 23:06

Air Asia is your saviour. It always have promotions coming out, but mostly Thai doemstic flights, and sometimes intl flights.
U could try Nok Air and a few Thai non-full cost airlines as an alternative (as opposed to Thai Airways). Vietnam has no budget airline as of now.

$300 I think is still too expensive. Are u talking about one way or rtn?

I think online ticketing is already the cheapest. However u could also bet ur luck in Bangkok to see whether u could get some last min. bargain, but very risky if u r inflexible. I recommend u stick with the few budget airlines, it's really convenient.

#2 natwest has been a member since 6/3/2008. Location: China. Posts: 24

Posted by KPTham1 on 27/3/2008 at 01:32

After BKK/Hanoi where would you go ? Pl check out Asean Air Pass for 3 international coupons at $399( Thai Air ) or Discovery Air Pass ( Bangkok Airways ) at $100 per international pass or Loas Airways's excursion pass for BKK/Vientiane/Hanoi for less than $ 200.

#3 KPTham1 has been a member since 26/9/2006. Posts: 52

Posted by relf on 15/4/2008 at 20:43

i just booked a one-way ticket from HAN to BKK for $59 USD ($14 fare + taxes) with air!

#4 relf has been a member since 27/3/2008. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.