Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

5star express

Posted by goldilocks on 25/4/2008 at 03:24

I have been informed that 5 star express is now named Golden Trains.Has anyone got up to date information eg time table osts etc.Is the website changed.

#1 goldilocks has been a member since 10/4/2008. Posts: 44

Posted by CatBa on 29/4/2008 at 10:17

Posted from within Vietnam.

Old question.

Have a look at: < https://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/3412_5-Star-Express-Train/0 >

This train is booked solid for the rest of this week - national holidays: End of American War and May Day followed by a long weekend!

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/4/2008 at 05:57 admin

Also the story on Vietnam's Rail system covers the 5-star service.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by goldilocks on 1/5/2008 at 09:41

Have read the news 5* now Golden trains so would appreciate up to date information regarding this train service eg time table costs etc

#4 goldilocks has been a member since 10/4/2008. Posts: 44

Posted by CatBa on 1/5/2008 at 12:16

What part of < www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/3412_5-Star-Express-Train/0 > don't you understand?

Prices are variable - at the present time they are high, next week will be cheaper - so when are you travelling. If you buy from a travel agent they will add a (large) 'service charge'.

It is USELESS to e-mail 5***, they are too busy too reply! (They also are making lots of money with busy trains).

#5 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by goldilocks on 2/5/2008 at 03:01

CatbBa,
Thankyou for your reply ."YES" I understood perfectly I have filled in the contact form and have posted 4 times over the last 2 weeks to be exact but still no reply???The date I wish to travel 11th August.We will arrive HCM 11AM 9th August do you think that is enough time to secure a sleeping berth On The 5*express.

#6 goldilocks has been a member since 10/4/2008. Posts: 44

Posted by CatBa on 2/5/2008 at 11:28

I told you they were bad at answering e-mails!

They have an office on Pham Ngu Lao Street (GPS: N10 46.066 E106 41.456) which is open everyday.

Since you are arriving on a Monday, which is less busy than the w/e on the trains, I would have your taxi drive you down there BEFORE checking in to a hotel to see if there is space on the evening train.

If you have to take the EARLY MORNING train I suggest you might want to stay nearer the rail station - which is in District 3.

Please note that whilst this train is more like those in Western countries there are many other options such as using a VietNam Railways train.

ALL trains run on a SINGLE TRACK so the privately owned 5-Star train is sandwiched in amongst all the other trains. VR actually owns the track and most of the rolling stock. They issue tickets at the railway stations.

#7 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by goldilocks on 2/5/2008 at 13:25

CatBa,If you misread my message I actually arrive Saturday 9th August I wish to travel on 11th August at night as I have a hotel booked in Nha Trang for the 12thAug.Sounds as if will have enough time to secure a berth???? Thanks for your reply

#8 goldilocks has been a member since 10/4/2008. Posts: 44

Posted by CatBa on 2/5/2008 at 16:07

Sorry about that. That means you have even more time to make the reservation.

Watch this post and I will (hopefully) get you a more responsive contact within 3 days. The PNL area is a little out of the way from where I am staying in HCMC.

Be patient, time runs much slower in VietNam!

#9 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.