Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

sapa info needed

Posted by jscsmail on 18/5/2008 at 17:47

Hi All,
ive got a short trip to Hanoi planned in early June. I would like to do the overnight train to sapa & one days trekking & maybe a day checking out the wkend markets, can anyone recommend a decent place to book through? I'm happy to catch a train up & organise something in sapa, or should I just pay handspan price & do the touristy option?. Is it easier to organise tours in sapa or Hanoi? I'm only in Hanoi 5 days & id like to do an overnight halong bay cruise also, so I’m short of time to explore options when i arrive. Also trying to find a hotel around Ma May st, elegance 1/2 r booked out, any comparable alternatives?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Happy travels

J

#1 jscsmail has been a member since 18/5/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 19/5/2008 at 01:38

Sapa is wonderful even if it is teeming with tourists! I was there in March - loved it. With only a few days, I'd arrange it before you go. I dealt with Mr. Diep at Adventure Indochina in Hanoi - he's honest, speaks good English, and priced right. Go to www.adventureindochina.com/ and you can contact him - even talk to him on Skype.

I stayed at a very nice guesthouse for $13. - a charming place with a very good restaurant. The Anh Dao Hotel - they'll arrange trans. from train to the hotel for $2.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,133
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by liquefiedstars on 19/5/2008 at 09:34

I've yet to go to Sapa myself but from the research I've done, it's very do-able on your own. :) I will be taking the overnight trains to/from Hanoi, spending 2 nights and 3 days in Sapa. All sorts of treks and tours can be arranged with your hotel in Sapa and there are travel agents in town as well.

Get the e-Fish on Lao Cai! It's just been updated and has tripled in size - full of good stuff.

#3 liquefiedstars has been a member since 25/4/2008. Posts: 15

Posted by sunbaby11 on 19/5/2008 at 14:46

I'm visitng Sapa in June. Does anyone knows what's the weather like, early June.

#4 sunbaby11 has been a member since 19/5/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.