Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Online booking site for Sapa trains

Posted by liquefiedstars on 19/5/2008 at 09:29

Hi

Has anyone booked Sapa - Lao Cai trains through Hotel Vietnam Online? When you click "book now" the page is then re-directed to Discovery Indochina.

http://www.hotelvietnamonline.com/sapa/trains.htm

It asks for your credit card details immediately so I can't even wait for someone to get back to me first. An email through the "contact us" page has met no reply.

In particular, why is the Royal 4 berth soft sleeper unusually cheap at US$40 return?

#1 liquefiedstars has been a member since 25/4/2008. Posts: 15

Posted by daawgon on 20/5/2008 at 12:24

The Royal is an older carriage - I was advised against it in favor of the King Express. I booked with Adventure Indochina in Hanoi (in person) - $25. one way. King Express was extremely clean - especially the bathrooms.
You can talk with Mr. Diep at Adventure Indochina for free on Skype (remember the time difference) - just go to their site.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,111

Posted by etulio on 20/5/2008 at 12:30

If I go to the Hanoi Train station to buy my ticket to Sapa, is it possible to select the carriage (Soft bed Air Con: Tulico, King Express, etc. or they only have standard carriages???

#3 etulio has been a member since 10/5/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by etulio on 20/5/2008 at 12:30

If I go to the Hanoi Train station to buy my ticket to Sapa, is it possible to select the carriage (Soft bed Air Con: Tulico, King Express, etc. or they only have standard carriages???

#4 etulio has been a member since 10/5/2008. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.