Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Outdoor shop in Hanoi?

Posted by burnthisnow on 30/5/2008 at 17:10

Does anyone know if there's an outdoor outfitter in Hanoi? Not the kind that provides tours, but the kind that sells camping and hiking equipment. I'm also wondering if there's a good English bookstore anyone can recommend. Thanks!

#1 burnthisnow has been a member since 24/5/2008. Posts: 16

Posted by paradissatravel on 7/6/2008 at 16:47

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know the previous. But the latter I do. The nice English booksotore is in Ngo Van So street. It faces a restaurant called "Le Tonkin". It's a very short street so once you can circle it on the map, you can't miss.

#2 paradissatravel has been a member since 7/6/2008. Posts: 14

Posted by koru on 8/11/2008 at 15:47

Posted from within Vietnam.

The above shop has now moved, it is called Bookworm
4b Pho Yen The, Hoan Kiem. (Pho is like a small lane or allyway).
Yen The - is off Nguyen Thai Hoc.....Trang Thi Road. (all one road). A good landmark is KFC on th corner of the laneway. There phone number is (4 for Hanoi) 7478778.
A secondhand bookshop and exchange is the BookExchange, 35 Hang Giay St it is in the old quarter. You can exchange 2 for 1. There are a few other places in the old quarter and you will probably walk pass them while trying to find your way back to your hotel!

#3 koru has been a member since 2/11/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.