Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Visa query

Posted by Flo76 on 27/6/2008 at 09:54

I want to go to Northern Vietnam for 2 weeks in August 08 then return January 09 for 30 days.
Am I able to apply for two visas so close together? Is it possible to apply for a 6 month multi-entry visa to save doing it twice?

#1 Flo76 has been a member since 14/6/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/6/2008 at 09:21 admin

Yes, mutliple-entry visas for Vietnam are available, but in your case, two single month-long visas would probably be just as easy. It generally only takes a consulate a couple of days to process a visa application.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,566
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by CatBa2 on 13/7/2008 at 16:59

Posted from within Vietnam.

I agree with Stuart.

To make things easier OBTAIN A PRE-ARRANGED VISA for the second (and the first if you want) as it will make it easier.

Pre-arranged visas can ONLY be processed at Ha Noi, Da Nang and HCMC international airports.

You didn't say where you are arriving from but Pre-arranged are FAR better than dealing with the snails in the Canadian and UK Vietnamese Embassies. In the USA the California Consulate is by far the best for that country.

Arriving from China? Then there is a VN Consulate in both NanNing and KunMing - both are border provinces.

One 6-month will likely be cheaper than two 30-day visas.

#3 CatBa2 has been a member since 6/11/2007. Posts: 53

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.