Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Seaside retreat near HCMC

Posted by etucker on 8/9/2008 at 13:22

I am roughing it in Cambodia in Feb next year for 16 days and my trip is finishing in HCMC. I am looking for a nice seaside town to escape to for 2-3 nights to relax. Any suggestions? I would like to stay in the nearby area of HCMC to avoid long travel. I am a young female travelling solo so would love somewhere that still has a good social scene. Any spa resort reccommendations would be great too!
Cheers.

#1 etucker has been a member since 8/9/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/9/2008 at 06:57 admin

Vung Tau is about as good as it gets close to Saigon -- and that's not very good! Better options are either Mui Ne to the north or Phu Quoc Island to the south. Former can be reached by bus, latter by flight (or a long day of travel overland).

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 9/9/2008 at 14:16 TF writer

For a social scene and spas you'll probably enjoy Nha Trang - there's lots of good restaurants, shopping, spas, bars, and the famous party boat tours. It's a few hours by bus from HCMC.

Mui Ne is closer to HCMC but a lot more low key.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.