Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Another itinerary for comment

Posted by aussie_jase on 14/10/2008 at 16:22

Hey all, just thought I'd put forward a provisional itinerary to see what the pro's think...

Day 1 - Saigon
Days 2 - 5 Phu Quoc (flight from Saigon)
Day 6 Phu Quoc to Rach Gia to Chau Doc
Day 7 Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
Days 8, 9 Phnom Penh
Day 10 Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
Days 11, 12 Siem Reap
Day 13 Siem Reap to Da Nang (fly)
Days 14 - 24 Da Nang to Hanoi (including Ha Long Bay)
Days 25, 26 - Sapa

From there its off to China for a couple of weeks. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Cheers guys.

#1 aussie_jase has been a member since 21/8/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by jamespool on 14/10/2008 at 17:52

Hi Jason,

I can't help too much as I've not been to Vietnam (yet), but my sister has and she loved it. As she's sitting beside me right now, she says, be sure to go to China Beach near Danang. There's a little guesthouse there right on the beach run by a Vietnamese guy that she says was a right card and lots of fun, so much fun she can't remember the guesthouses name, but says it was the only one there - a real traveller's den.

Also says go to Hoi An and Hue but to not bopther with the DMZ tour as she said it's a waste of time.

Just discovered this site today and finding loads of new info for my trip this christmas. I've been to Thailand before, but this time going to Laos and can't wait!

safe travels

#2 jamespool has been a member since 14/10/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/10/2008 at 07:59 admin

Looks good to me. Only suggestion could be to consider entering Cambodia at the coastal border crossing as that will allow you to take in Kep and kampot enroute to Phnom Penh.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.