Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

cheap & reliable guesthouse/hostels

Posted by twillie on 5/11/2008 at 20:31

hello people, im trvelling to hanoi in 2 weeks time, im backpacking there with my Gf, was wondering anybody got any cheap guesthouses os hostels to recommend, probably US 15 or less for 2pax?

#1 twillie has been a member since 5/11/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/11/2008 at 16:40 admin

Have you looked at the recommendations in the Hanoi section?

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by daawgon on 8/11/2008 at 02:26

I liked the Kangaroo Guesthouse on Hang Luoc - a tad funky with bad breakfast, large rooms and very friendly staff - not a bad location either. Many like Hanoi Guesthouse, but they did not hold my reservation! Be sure to look at your room B4 putting $ down as many cheap rooms have no window at all. There should be several bargains now in Hanoi as the flood has scared away many tourists - go for it, Hanoi is a great city
(have you booked Hanoi kids yet - www.hanoikidsclub.org)

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,130
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by jafatravel on 8/11/2008 at 14:33

In Hanoi , I've stayed at Hanoi Backpackers for 2 nights in July 07 and had a great time there. It is ultra clean, the cleanest hostel I've ever seen. Great communal vibe and great to chat to other travelers. Hanoi Backpackers will fit into your budget.

cheers
Eddie

#4 jafatravel has been a member since 19/10/2008. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.