Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Hotel,Flight and Location Guide

Posted by koala4u on 5/12/2008 at 09:02

I have travelled to Vietnam several times and have Vietnamese foster family,my Sis is in HCMC. Even for me though it is a headache to locate where hotels are and where street locations are? I am leaving for Vietnam this saturday for 5 weeks,and have found travelfish very helpful,so I join to help others if I can?

1. Finally found a way to locate addresses in Vietnam and hotel locations,and in English..^_* My Sis finally cracked is called,a Vietnamese 'Melways' so to speak. She wanted me to get a hotel near her house and this showed her location and hotels nearby. It has other data also,very handy!

2. Western Hotel booking sites usually charge more,I never book through them,it costs me just a phone card and I call the hotels directly,and they usually speak English. I have had all my hotel booking honoured so far. You can also word search for 'khach san' & location to get Viet sites for some hotels and their 'local' prices. It is not perfect,but it is worth the chance for cheaper rates if you look for VND prices. I do know Vietnamese Hotel sites,some better than others,but will look at latter.

3. Vietnam Airlines has for domestic flights their prices on their website,do not book in Western country as more expensive,check their flight schedules and fees on their internet site,and book in Vietnam direct. Jetstar has taken over Pacific Airlines,and have cheaper prices than Vietnam Airlines even. They do not share all same routes,so maybe mix and match flights with open bus say,for best fares.

I hope this is helpful?

#1 koala4u has been a member since 5/12/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by Flymarbles on 6/12/2008 at 05:54

Thank you. Very Helpful. Enjoy your travels.

#2 Flymarbles has been a member since 25/11/2008. Posts: 13

Posted by MsMalika on 31/5/2011 at 15:29

Hey great tip! Will be sure to give it a try when i am there next month!

#3 MsMalika has been a member since 19/5/2011. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.