Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Fligths from HCMC to PP

Posted by kuitara on 22/12/2008 at 12:23

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had experience booking airplane tickets from HCMC to Cambodia (Siem Reap especially). I haven't found any flights/dates available for when I am going. Is it possible to book flights once I get to HCMC?

#1 kuitara has been a member since 17/12/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by kuitara on 22/12/2008 at 14:04

Update: The reason I ask is because I can't find tickets on Vietnam Airlines for December 27th to Siem Reap but was quoted USD $190 one way for tickets. I feel like that is a lot of money but I'm not sure. I fly into HCMC on December 25th. Is is possible to book with such short notice?

#2 kuitara has been a member since 17/12/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/12/2008 at 15:00 admin

I think, though not sure, that Vietnam Airlines is the only carrier doing that route -- hence the higher price.

You will pay less for Vietnam Airlines tickets once you're in Vietnam, but this is peak season, so you could have problems getting a ticket.

Only other option would be to go overland -- there are direct buses from Saigon to Siem Reap (via Phnom Penh ).

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by chrispyrolls on 22/12/2008 at 23:36

have you looked on ivivu.com - they seem to have good prices, although there are no prices for international flights on that site, so you may have to call them

looks like there are about 7 flights a day on that route so you may get a seat on one of them

#4 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.