Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Electronic Visas into Vietnam

Posted by Will_N_Mich on 20/1/2009 at 05:18

We're going to Vietnam in February and have seen some sites offering electronic visas into Vietnam with your passport stamped at the airport.

Seems like a good deal compared to the embassey- are these companies legit, and are there any ones to recommend or avoid?

#1 Will_N_Mich has been a member since 7/1/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/1/2009 at 14:07 admin

News to me -- they may eb talking about the pre-aranged visas offered by many Vietnamese travel agents. Do you have a link for more info?

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Will_N_Mich on 21/1/2009 at 06:01

Yes, that sounds like them. Sites we've come aross include:

Any information would be really appreciated!

#3 Will_N_Mich has been a member since 7/1/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by DLuek on 22/1/2009 at 04:31 TF writer

After reading the thread started by 'thegingerbird' on July 17 called 'Pre Approved Visa for Vietnam'on the 2nd page of the 'Visas & Border Crossings' section of the Travelfish forum, I decided to go this route for my trip to Vietnam, which starts two weeks from now!

I took 'thegingerbird's advice and used It was fairly simple , the service was quite timely and friendly, and I now have my approval letter ready to go. It all costs the same as it would have to acquire it at the embassy in Bangkok, so as long as there's no problems at the airport, this seems to me to be the most timely and cheap way to get the visa if you're flying to Vietnam (although I believe you can also now arrange for the pre-approved visa to be available on arrival at border crossings). I will try to post an update on Travelfish once I get there to report how it works out.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,177
 Send DLuek a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by wtangney on 4/2/2009 at 01:52

any more news on this way of getting a visa for vietnam?

sounds easy and quick, and saves going to an embassy!

#5 wtangney has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by Will_N_Mich on 10/2/2009 at 03:28

Thanks to everyone for the tips and help they've given. We've recieved our Visa on arrival letters through Guide Everything seems to be OK, though we had a couple of problems with the payment website they used, Xoom, and paid using Paypal instead. We'll let you know how it works once we get across the border...

#6 Will_N_Mich has been a member since 7/1/2009. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.