Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

accomodation

Posted by Rensina on 30/1/2009 at 15:31

first time to vietnam....anyone tell me please budget but clean to stay for a couple of nights in Hanoi...must be old qtr. Cheers

#1 Rensina has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by brucemoon on 30/1/2009 at 19:59

Rensina

Just rock up to the OQ by mid morning & ask.

Some will be nearly full & seek a high price. Others near empty and willing to bargain down.

When an option is within your budget, go and look at the room.

Sometimes it's best to view several 'hotels' in a precinct to get a feel for what US$5 buys (then US10, etc.).

But ALWAYS be happy when you are bartering - the Vietnamse like a laugh and appreciate good humour.

If you need advice as to 'hotel' location, LP is one source (though not really up to date. Another source is other tourists in the area.

Have fun, and look at the other FORUM posts about how one can easily get ripped off in VN.

cheers

#2 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by daawgon on 31/1/2009 at 01:42

What's your definition of budget prices? I recommend the Sunshine Hotels group in Hanoi. I'm staying at their Gia Thinh Hotel in March for $30. They run about 7 or 8 hotels in the Old Quarter.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,130
 Send daawgon a private message 

Posted by koko on 2/2/2009 at 18:42

Try the city gate hotel in the thanh ha road nearby to the old east gate. Two years ago the room was about 13 USD.

#4 koko has been a member since 25/1/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.