Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hotels in Vietnam

Posted by eban on 5/2/2009 at 03:36

How do 2 star hotels compare with world standards?

can anyone tell me about the Spring House Hotel in HCMC, the Hoa Linh Hotel in Saigon, The Light Hotel in Nhatrang. Would you go for a two or three star hotel in Vietnam?

#1 eban has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by chrispyrolls on 5/2/2009 at 05:42

Hi,

I was just checking that the Spring House was not the same as the Spring Hotel - when I founf the below reviews of your choice on TA

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293925-d1102314-Reviews-Spring_House_Hotel-Ho_Chi_Minh_City.html

Might want to rethink? Good location tho ... bang in the centre of all the backpacker action... assuming that is what you want

#2 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by eban on 7/2/2009 at 01:32

Dear Crispyrolls

The hotel we are booked in at is the Spring House Hotel. What else can you tell me about it?

Clean, tidy? Are the rooms quite large?

#3 eban has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by eban on 7/2/2009 at 02:51

Still very uncertain about two or three star hotels in Vietnam. I am desperately looking at some feedback. How do these hotels compare with western hotels size and cleanliness wise?

#4 eban has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by daawgon on 7/2/2009 at 13:41

2* can be very nice, but like anywhere, it varies considerably. I like the small 2* guesthouses very much. In Saigon the Bich Duyen Hotel is fantastic/best hotel manager in Indochina (he's fast becoming a legend - name of Chanh) - I paid $25. for a window room/no lift.

In Hanoi I insist on staying at the Gia Thinh Hotel because the service, room, food, location are all the very best. I paid $30. for a superior rear room. The Gia has a lift and the rooms all have new DSL computers. - my favorite of all Viet hotels. I'm booked for 8 more nights in March '09.

Most of these places can be contacted directly by email, they pick up at the airport/train station for a small fee, about 90% provide a free breakfast, and a much friendlier atmosphere than big cold 4-5* places.

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,114

Posted by daawgon on 7/2/2009 at 13:44

One could literally eat off the floor of both of the hotels mentioned above. At the Bich Duyen, they insist you remove your shoes in the lobby.

#6 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,114

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.