Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

bus from HCMC to Siem Reap

Posted by paradise on 9/2/2009 at 10:19

We arrive late night in HCMC and want to leave next day for Siem Reap , so need to organize transportation out of HCMC to Siem Reap in advance. We were going to fly on Vietnam air - quoted USD181 by Buffalo tours in HCMC to book this flight for us - so now looking for something cheaper and started checking into buses and read about Sapaco and the direct/express route. Read on Tripadvisor forum that this route was discontinued in October 08.
Would appreciate any information about best option for bus (company and route and contact info in HCMC)

#1 paradise has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 13

Posted by charlotte1208 on 11/2/2009 at 13:46

Hey,

Im in the same situation, I only have a week or so in viet and camb before going to thailand so want to fly from HCM to Siam reap. Got a price of $164.00. I heard the bus journeys are eventful so would rather make good use of time and fly.

Come on people, reply to the thread and help us!! :)

#2 charlotte1208 has been a member since 11/2/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by paradise on 12/2/2009 at 09:11

I gather that there are many bus companies doing the HCMC to Siem Reap route e.g. mekong express, SAPACO, etc.
Is there any reason to go with one over the other?

#3 paradise has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 13

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/2/2009 at 14:48 admin

Buses are still running Saigon to Siem Reap as far as I know. Even if for some reason the direct route had stopped, it is straightforward to get a bus from HCM to Phnom Penh then get another bus from there to Siem Reap.

I'd say no need to book in advance even for late evening arrival into HCM -- just tell the front desk of your hotel/guesthouse you want bus to PP/SR early the next morning -- they'll sort it out.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.