Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Long-ish term stay in Nha Trang

Posted by unclezmuda on 14/2/2009 at 16:30

We are planning to settle for maybe 8 weeks somewhere beachy in Vietnam - the obvious choice seems to be Nha Trang but with neither of us ever having been to Vietnam are open to suggestions?

Also wondering if anyone knows anything about the chances of us renting something longish term for cheap price close to beach?

Any hints tips for our long stay at the beach are most welcome.

#1 unclezmuda has been a member since 14/2/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by sayadian on 10/3/2009 at 20:18

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm paying $8 a night for a beautiful room close to the beach.Very nice people and very safe.Than Duy hotel on 30c Hoang Hoa Tham street

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Posted by dageshi on 24/3/2009 at 17:52

From recollections Nha Trang had some very cheap and plentiful accomodation, I paid $8 a night for a room with aircon, cable and wifi, my feeling is that longer term, proper apartments maybe difficult to come by for reasonable rates unless your staying for six months, but ask around who knows. Personally do a bit of bargaining up front at a good guesthouse and you can be both very close to the beach and be paying something in the $150-200 range. Possibly even less if you really put some work in.

#3 dageshi has been a member since 1/3/2008. Posts: 56

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.