Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Lao Cai to Hanoi train bookings?

Posted by 9deuce on 22/2/2009 at 08:16

I am going to be arriving at Lao Cai from China in late June. Will I be able to get a train ticket to Hanoi for the same night that I arrive or would I need to book in advance? If so, is there an agency I could book it in advance with?

#1 9deuce has been a member since 22/2/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by dtnga on 24/2/2009 at 09:50

Posted from within Vietnam.

Late June is not a busy time, so you can book at the railway station in LaoCai. But to be careful and to get the better train, you should book with travel agent in advance, I will send them to Lao Cai station (or hotel)for you.
Train with Tulico, King express/ Hara express / Fanxipan express costs around 30USD/person (soft sleeper with A/C, wooden cabin). Please feel free to write to me if you need any help.

#2 dtnga has been a member since 24/2/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by halethi on 25/2/2009 at 06:34

We are planning to take the night train from Hanoi to Lao Caai around March 7 or 8. Can you tell me how many days in advance should one buy the train tickets, eg soft sleeper deluxe 4-berth with AC? Thanks!

#3 halethi has been a member since 1/11/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.