Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Mui Ne to Phan Rang Thap Cham

Posted by halimah on 26/2/2009 at 10:45

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be on our maiden trip to Vietnam for abt 8 days in March. We'll be going to Saigon. Our trip will mainly be in Saigon, Mekong Delta and Mui Ne .

I was hoping to do a day trip to Phan Rang Thap Cham from Mui Ne because I like ancient architecture. I've got three questions:

1) Is it worth doing the trip? There hardly seems any mention in the forum about Phan Rang Thap Cham.
2 How do I get from Mui Ne to Phan Rang?

3) Also, how do we go about visiting the sites in Phan Rang? Do we need to engage a guide?

My husband is an experienced motorcyclist. (If that is of any help)

Any help and advise is much appreciated.

Thank you!

#1 halimah has been a member since 15/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/2/2009 at 18:24 admin

Hi Halimah,

It's true Phan Rang Thap Cham doesn't mark the highlight of too many trips -- the tour buses stop there and 30 minutes or so and that's about it -- and given it's a bit of a hike from Mui Ne , and the relative short stay you've got, I'm not sure it would be worth it...

There are some smaller Cham towers near Phan Thiet and much closer to Mui Ne -- Phan Thiet also has tremendous seafood, so you could spend the money you would have on gas for the bike on some seafood instead!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by halimah on 26/2/2009 at 22:06

Hi Somtam2000,

Appreciate your prompt response! I think I'll forgo Phan Rang since it will be too much of a stretch and probably will take up your suggestion on Phan Thiet . We won't be enjoying the seafood though cos' we are vegetarians :)

Can I also check with you if we can just ride our motorbike to Phan Thiet from Mui Ne without a guide? A map would suffice? Any idea how long it takes to travel to Phan Thiet?

Thanks again!

#3 halimah has been a member since 15/1/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.