Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

What time does Vietnam Airlines shuttle bus from Hanoi airport to Head Office run until?

Posted by Lornie on 26/3/2009 at 12:35

I fly into Hanoi airport tonight at around 8pm. Will the shuttle bus still be running at that time? I'm a bit worried about taking a different means of transport after some of the stories I have heard.

#1 Lornie has been a member since 1/5/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8
 Website 

Posted by tungbgs on 26/3/2009 at 14:15

Posted from within Vietnam.

I think the Airport vans will be working at that time, however you can take the airport taxi which costs about 12 - 14 USD. Don't worry, there's nothing dangerous.

#2 tungbgs has been a member since 26/3/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by wilfried on 26/3/2009 at 22:22

anyway, you should remain cautious! Take a 'real airport taxi'
my experience: two young viets willing to take me down town (10 usd)
being in the car they do not want to be paid in usd but in dong (seem to take advantage of my 'ignorance' about value of dong) -take me to ATM they suggest me taking 15 notes of 100.000 dong...want to be paid that amount....on my refusal they say 6 notes would do.... discussion discussion; I pay two notes of 100.000 (=about 12 usd); they throw my luggage out, luckily at the place of destination... so be aware of young gangsters!!!!!

#3 wilfried has been a member since 22/10/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by wilfried on 26/3/2009 at 22:23

anyway, you should remain cautious! Take a 'real airport taxi'
my experience: two young viets willing to take me down town (10 usd)
being in the car they do not want to be paid in usd but in dong (seem to take advantage of my 'ignorance' about value of dong) -take me to ATM they suggest me taking 15 notes of 100.000 dong...want to be paid that amount....on my refusal they say 6 notes would do.... discussion discussion; I pay two notes of 100.000 (=about 12 usd); they throw my luggage out, luckily at the place of destination... so be aware of young gangsters!!!!!

#4 wilfried has been a member since 22/10/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by daawgon on 27/3/2009 at 00:39

Airport vans stop about 7 or 7:30! There are other buses for just as cheap that go downtown. I took the Kumho bus for 2500VND, and there's the Jetstar bus too - but they don't run too late either. Just don't bargain for rides inside the terminal!

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,114

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.