Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hoi An/Danang or Nha Trang

Posted by limdq on 5/4/2009 at 15:22

Hi all!

I'll be visiting Vietnam from 11 -20th June. I'll be making the Hanoi-Saigon trip.

I'll be spending 4days in Hanoi/Halong and 3 in Saigon. Thing is, i'm stuck between spending the remaining 3 days in Nha Trang or Danang/Hoi An.

I'll be making the all trips via plane, so that should cut down alot of time.

Please comment. thanks!

#1 limdq has been a member since 4/4/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by Travelindochine on 5/4/2009 at 18:58

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear Limdp,

I recommend you spend 3 days in Nhatrang, discover island and enjoy sea-food

Then fly to Saigon, do tour around Saigon like: Cuchi Tunnels, Mekong Delta (Mytho or Caibe Floating Market)

Should stay Asia Paradise in Nhatrang and Elios Hotel in Saigon

Have a good trip

#2 Travelindochine has been a member since 10/7/2008. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 36
 Twitter 

Posted by limdq on 5/4/2009 at 21:35

Thanks for the prompt reply. =)

Any idea how much the hotels cost?

I'll do just that in Saigon. Just hope that the Mekong doesn't flood badly in June.

Many thanks again. ;)

#3 limdq has been a member since 4/4/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/4/2009 at 16:24 admin

limdq,

Have you looked at the relevant sections on Travelfish -- lots of places (and prices) listed.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by limdq on 7/4/2009 at 17:40

i'm new to travelfish, so i could have probably missed out some sections.

I'll take a look around and ask you guys again if i need help! Thanks! =)

#5 limdq has been a member since 4/4/2009. Posts: 7

Posted by daawgon on 8/4/2009 at 11:21

Nha Trang is larger and more developed than Hoi An . Hoi An and Hue are known as the gourmet centers of Vietnam. I was just in Hoi An for the second time in 2 years. It's a small town with a great beach, great food and very nice hotels. I understand that Nha Trang's beach can be quite polluted, but have never been there. The Cua Dai beach at Hoi An was very beautiful, and I noticed no pollution of any sort.

#6 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,113

Posted by Archmichael on 17/5/2009 at 10:42

limdq:
Do look into all the threads about these two places here and elsewhere. Personally, I would suggest Hoi An. The town is quite interesting and the beach is very nice. Just sort out your priorities and go with what feels like the best fit.

Happy Trails!

#7 Archmichael has been a member since 23/7/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 396

Posted by brucemoon on 18/5/2009 at 09:55

limdq

I like both Nha Trang & the Danang/ Hoi An areas.

I personally think that the Hoi An 'tailor' thing is vastly over-rated (I'm in Oz & I can buy Chinese that are better made for cheaper at discount stores).

But, your choice depends a lot on what you want to do in those two places, and then there is the issue regarding transport in and around the places.

- - - -

The closest airport to Hoi An is at Danang. The trip from Danang to Hoi An is not unpleasant.

If you are OK hiring a small motorbike (say, 125cc semi-auto or auto), you have many options around Hoi An: beaches, My Son heritage area, rice paddy scenery, etc.

If you are limited to bicycle, then you'll be OK to the beach but may have to 'book' the excursions with tour operators.

- - - -

Nha Trang has several interesting places of interest, some of which really need a motorcycle. The better beaches are located away from the Nha Trang 'main beach' (either by bike or by boat to the islands).

The better fish restaurants are not at Nha Trang city itself but at Hon Chong beach.

- - - -

Given that youare suggesting you'll only visit Hanoi, Saigon and one additional, I'd be leaning towards Hoi An. It will make a great contrast to the 2 BIG cities, and if you are ready to explore a bit yourself (rather than just stay in town) you'll get a taste of the 'real' Vietnam: the rural Vietnam.

Cheers

#8 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by suzttec on 16/12/2009 at 06:01

I'll be visiting Ho Chi Min city next month for a2 weeks. I plan on visiting Nha Trang. I moved my car out there to sell to a local with an auto transport service. http://www.crowleyautotransport.com/

#9 suzttec has been a member since 16/12/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.