Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Travel Nha Trang to Hoi An

Posted by sabresail on 6/4/2009 at 19:12

We are open to suggestions as to the best way to travel North from Nha Trang to Hoi An.

At almost 600 kms it has to take a long time so guess either express bus or train are the only options. What is your experience/preference?

How long in the bus or how long in the train for thetrip? Any comment on bus comfort or discomfort and if you can avoid the on bus karioke.

We are mature age.

Your comments and help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sabresail.

#1 sabresail has been a member since 1/4/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/4/2009 at 16:28 admin

Train to Da Nang, then taxi back to Hoi An is what I'd recommend. You'll find more info in the relevant sections in Travelfish.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by ChrZap1703 on 10/4/2009 at 15:09

Posted from within Vietnam.

I did the train trip two weeks ago with the SE6. While the coaches themselves are old and may seem a little bit rugged, the linen and everything else on the soft sleeper was really good. And definetely no Karaoke. Just make sure to get to your cabin before you head for the bistro car and do your linen, otherwise you might find the train inspectors sleeping in your berths - like we did. Taxi by meter was around 300.000 Dong, but I think you can find rides for half of it if you bargain a little bit.

#3 ChrZap1703 has been a member since 2/2/2009. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.